Saturday, January 24, 2009



This afternoon, Andrea and I had lunch at Social on Sussex Avenue. She had to write a review of it for The Charlatan. I jumped at the chance to go, since it's a place I've walked by many times. Very ritzy looking, a place I've assumed caters to wealthier 30-somethings on weekend evenings.


Ritzy. They did have affordable lunches. I went with the Social Club, served on cranberry bread with frites and a garden salad:


Really tasty. Great service. Classy atmosphere. I'd love to try out the couches in the lounge area sometime. The bathroom stalls had frosted glass windows on the doors.

Five more restaurants to go.

4 comments:

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant ce ai postat.M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazut chiar e frumos si interesant.Felicitari si sigur am sa mai revin!

David said...

Pardon?

Matthew said...

I'd strongly recommend the Whalesbone. Steve and I have found that oysters are actually the ultimate source of power.

Also, their main courses defy description. As in, I can't possibly communicate how I feel about their food.

Asha said...

Also try Foundation! It's in the same building/block as Social.

PHI had their company winter party there on friday... it's beautiful.

Dare I look at the cost of things...